You can authorize an existing personal access token, or create a new personal access token and then authorize it.
Before you can authorize a personal access token or SSH key, you must have a linked SAML identity. If you're a member of an organization where SAML SSO is enabled, you can create a linked identity by authenticating to your organization with your IdP at least once. For more information, see "About authentication with SAML single sign-on."
After you authorize a personal access token or SSH key, the authorization does not expire. The token or key will stay authorized until revoked in one of these ways.
- An organization owner revokes the authorization.
- You are removed from the organization.
- The scopes in a personal access token are edited, or the token is regenerated.
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Developer settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Personal access tokens.
- Next to the token you'd like to authorize, click Enable SSO or Disable SSO.
- Find the organization you'd like to authorize the access token for.
- Click Authorize.