CodeQL is the code analysis engine developed by GitHub to automate security checks. You can analyze your code using CodeQL and display the results as 代码扫描 alerts.
There are two main ways to use CodeQL analysis for 代码扫描:
- Add the CodeQL workflow to your repository. This uses the github/codeql-action to run the CodeQL CLI. 更多信息请参阅“为仓库设置 代码扫描”。
- Run the CodeQL runner in an external CI system and upload the results to GitHub. For more information, see "About CodeQL code scanning in your CI system ."
CodeQL treats code like data, allowing you to find potential vulnerabilities in your code with greater confidence than traditional static analyzers.
- You generate a CodeQL database to represent your codebase.
- Then you run CodeQL queries on that database to identify problems in the codebase.
- The query results are shown as 代码扫描 alerts in GitHub AE when you use CodeQL with 代码扫描.
GitHub experts, security researchers, and community contributors write and maintain the default CodeQL queries used for 代码扫描. The queries are regularly updated to improve analysis and reduce any false positive results. The queries are open source, so you can view and contribute to the queries in the
github/codeql repository. 更多信息请参阅 GitHub Security Lab 网站上的 CodeQL。 You can also write your own queries. For more information, see "About CodeQL queries" in the CodeQL documentation.
You can run additional queries as part of your code scanning analysis.
The queries you want to run must belong to a QL pack in a repository. Queries must only depend on the standard libraries (that is, the libraries referenced by an
import LANGUAGE statement in your query), or libraries in the same QL pack as the query. 更多信息请参阅“关于 QL 包”。