In a pull request, you propose that changes you've made on a head branch should be merged into a base branch. By default, any pull request can be merged at any time, unless the head branch is in conflict with the base branch. However, there may be restrictions on when you can merge a pull request into a specific branch. For example, you may only be able to merge a pull request into the default branch if required status checks are passing. For more information, see "About protected branches."
If the pull request has merge conflicts, or if you'd like to test the changes before merging, you can check out the pull request locally and merge it using the command line.
You can't merge a draft pull request. For more information about draft pull requests, see "About pull requests."
The repository may be configured so that the head branch for a pull request is automatically deleted when you merge a pull request. For more information, see "Managing the automatic deletion of branches."
Note: 如果您在拉取请求合并后删除头部分支，GitHub 会检查将已删除分支指定为基础分支的同一仓库中的任何开放拉取请求。 GitHub 将自动更新任何此类拉取请求，将其基础分支更改为合并的拉取请求的基础分支。 For more information, see "About branches."
If you decide you don't want the changes in a topic branch to be merged to the upstream branch, you can close the pull request without merging.
In the "Pull Requests" list, click the pull request you'd like to merge.
Depending on the merge options enabled for your repository, you can:
- Merge all of the commits into the base branch by clicking Merge pull request. If the Merge pull request option is not shown, then click the merge drop down menu and select Create a merge commit.
- Squash the commits into one commit by clicking the merge drop down menu, selecting Squash and merge and then clicking the Squash and merge button.
- Rebase the commits individually onto the base branch by clicking the merge drop down menu, selecting Rebase and merge and then clicking the Rebase and merge button.
Note: Rebase and merge will always update the committer information and create new commit SHAs. For more information, see "About pull request merges."
If prompted, type a commit message, or accept the default message.
有关 squash 合并的默认提交消息的信息，请参阅“关于拉取请求合并”。
Note: The email selector is not available for rebase merges, which do not create a merge commit, or for squash merges, which credit the user who created the pull request as the author of the squashed commit.
- Click Confirm merge, Confirm squash and merge, or Confirm rebase and merge.
- Optionally, delete the branch. This keeps the list of branches in your repository tidy.
若要详细了解 GitHub CLI，请参阅“关于 GitHub CLI”。
To merge a pull request, use the
gh pr merge subcommand. Replace
pull-request with the number, URL, or head branch of the pull request.
gh pr merge pull-request
Follow the interactive prompts to complete the merge. For more information about the merge methods that you can choose, see "About pull request merges."
Alternatively, you can use flags to skip the interactive prompts. For example, this command will squash the commits into a single commit with the commit message "my squash commit", merge the squashed commit into the base branch, and then delete the local and remote branch.
gh pr merge 523 --squash --body "my squash commit" --delete-branch