CodeQL 是由 GitHub 开发的代码分析引擎，用于自动执行安全检查。 可以使用 CodeQL 分析代码，并将结果显示为 代码扫描 警报。
There are two main ways to use CodeQL analysis for 代码扫描:
- Add the CodeQL workflow to your repository. This uses the github/codeql-action to run the CodeQL CLI. For more information, see "Setting up 代码扫描 for a repository."
- Run the CodeQL CLI directly in an external CI system and upload the results to GitHub. For more information, see "About CodeQL code scanning in your CI system ."
CodeQL treats code like data, allowing you to find potential vulnerabilities in your code with greater confidence than traditional static analyzers.
- You generate a CodeQL database to represent your codebase.
- Then you run CodeQL queries on that database to identify problems in the codebase.
- The query results are shown as 代码扫描 alerts in GitHub Enterprise Cloud when you use CodeQL with 代码扫描.
CodeQL supports both compiled and interpreted languages, and can find vulnerabilities and errors in code that's written in the supported languages.
注意：Ruby 的 CodeQL 分析目前处于测试阶段。 在测试期间，Ruby 的分析将不如 CodeQL 其他语言的分析那么全面。
更多信息请参阅 CodeQL 网站上的文档：“支持的语言和框架”。
GitHub experts, security researchers, and community contributors write and maintain the default CodeQL queries used for 代码扫描. The queries are regularly updated to improve analysis and reduce any false positive results. The queries are open source, so you can view and contribute to the queries in the
github/codeql repository. For more information, see CodeQL on the CodeQL website. You can also write your own queries. For more information, see "About CodeQL queries" in the CodeQL documentation.
You can run additional queries as part of your code scanning analysis. These queries must belong to a published CodeQL query pack (beta) or a QL pack in a repository. CodeQL packs (beta) provide the following benefits over traditional QL packs:
- When a CodeQL query pack (beta) is published to the GitHub Container registry, all the transitive dependencies required by the queries and a compilation cache are included in the package. This improves performance and ensures that running the queries in the pack gives identical results every time until you upgrade to a new version of the pack or the CLI.
- QL packs do not include transitive dependencies, so queries in the pack can depend only on the standard libraries (that is, the libraries referenced by an
import LANGUAGEstatement in your query), or libraries in the same QL pack as the query.
注意： CodeQL 包管理功能（包括 CodeQL 包）目前处于测试阶段，可能会发生更改。