This version of GitHub Enterprise was discontinued on 2023-07-06. No patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the latest version of GitHub Enterprise. For help with the upgrade, contact GitHub Enterprise support.
Identity and access management
You can configure how people access your GitHub Enterprise Server instance.
- Managing IAM for your enterprise
- About authentication for your enterprise
- Username considerations for external authentication
- Changing authentication methods
- Allowing built-in authentication for users outside your provider
- Troubleshooting identity and access management for your enterprise
- Using built-in authentication
- Configuring built-in authentication
- Inviting people to use your instance
- Disabling unauthenticated sign-ups
- Using CAS for enterprise IAM
- Using LDAP for enterprise IAM
- Using SAML for enterprise IAM