Versão do artigo: Enterprise Server 2.17
Installing GitHub Insights
You can install GitHub Insights and connect the standalone application to GitHub Enterprise Server.
Organization owners in GitHub Enterprise with read permissions to the
github/insights-releases repository and administrative access to the application server can install GitHub Insights.
GitHub Insights is available with GitHub One. Para obter mais informações, consulte os "Produtos da GitHub".
You must have a GitHub Enterprise license file that includes GitHub Insights. After you purchase GitHub Insights, you can download the updated license file in the GitHub Enterprise web portal.
GitHub Insights requires a machine, called the application server, hosted either in the cloud or locally. For more information, see "System overview for GitHub Insights."
You must install dependencies on the application server.
- Docker 1.13.0+
- Docker Compose v1.17.0+
Note: The application server may require the Docker daemon to be run as sudo. Kubernetes is not supported.
Criar um aplicativo GitHub
To connect GitHub Insights to GitHub Enterprise, you must create a aplicativo GitHub in an organization on GitHub Enterprise. A slugged version of your app's name will be shown on GitHub Enterprise when your integration takes an action.
Sign in to sua instância do GitHub Enterprise Server at
Navigate to the organization you'd like to connect to GitHub Insights.
Under your organization name, click Settings.
Na barra lateral esquerda, clique em aplicativo GitHubs.
Click New aplicativo GitHub.
Under "aplicativo GitHub name", type a name for the app. Your app cannot have the same name as an existing user or organization, unless the name is your own user or organization name.
Under "Homepage URL", type the URL of the application server for GitHub Insights. For more information, see "System overview for GitHub Insights."
Under "User authorization callback URL", type the following, replacing
<application-server-url>with the URL of the application server.
Under "Setup URL", type
Under "Webhook URL", type
Under "Webhook secret", type a secret, then record the secret for later reference.
Under "Permissions", use the drop-down menus and configure the following permissions for the app.
- Contents: Read-only
- Metadata: Read-only
- Pull requests: Read-only
- Commit statuses: Read-only
- Members: Read-only
- Projects: Read-only
Under "Subscribe to events", select:
- Pull request
To enable the aplicativo GitHub to access data from any user or organization in sua instância do GitHub Enterprise Server, under "Where can this aplicativo GitHub be installed?", select Any account.
Click Create aplicativo GitHub.
Review your app's configuration.
Under "Private keys", click Generate a private key.
Save the resulting PEM file for later reference.
Make note of the following information about your app for later reference.
- App ID
- Client ID
- Client secret
- Private key
- Webhook secret
Instalar o GitHub Insights
- From the application server, navigate to the latest release of GitHub Insights on the Releases page for
- To download the latest release, under "Assets", click
- Unzip the directory.
- Run the shell script
- To enable SSL, enter the SSL Cert (
.crt/.cer/.pem). If you don't want to enable SSL, leave blank.
- If you chose to enable SSL, enter the SSL Key (
.key). Otherwise, leave blank.
- Enter the hostname, which is the same URL you used for the application server when creating the aplicativo GitHub.
- The installation will take a few minutes to run. When complete, you will see a message printed to the terminal.
Installation complete Run /opt/insights/scripts/start.sh to start GitHub Insights
- To start GitHub Insights, run the shell script
- If this is the first time starting GitHub Insights the script will take a few minutes to run. When complete, you will see a message printed to the terminal.
GitHub Insights is running!
Configurar o GitHub Insights;
To configure GitHub Insights to connect to GitHub Enterprise Server, you must provide the information you recorded in previous steps.
- In your browser, navigate to
- Under "GitHub API URL", type the URL you use to access GitHub Enterprise.
- Under "GitHub Insights License", click "Choose Files", then upload your GitHub Enterprise license file.
- Under "App ID", type the App ID of your aplicativo GitHub, which you recorded when creating the app.
- Under "Client ID", type the client ID of your aplicativo GitHub, which you recorded when creating the app.
- Under "Client Secret", type the client secret of your aplicativo GitHub, which you recorded when creating the app.
- Under "Private Key", type in the private key of your aplicativo GitHub, which is contained in the PEM file you downloaded while creating the app.
- Under "Webhook Secret", type the webhook secret of your aplicativo GitHub, which you recorded when creating the app.
- If you did not provide a SSL certificate during installation, select Skip SSL Certificate Check.
- Clique em Submit (Enviar).
- Click Log in with GitHub.
- To authorize the aplicativo GitHub and access GitHub Insights, click Authorize aplicativo GitHub.