- To request a new password, visit
- Enter the email address associated with your personal GitHub Enterprise Server account, then click Send password reset email. The email will be sent to the backup email address if you have one configured.
- We'll email you a link that will allow you to reset your password. You must click on this link within 3 hours of receiving the email. If you didn't receive an email from us, make sure to check your spam folder.
- After clicking on the link in your email, you'll be asked to enter a new password.
- Iniciar sessão (
https://[hostname]/login) to GitHub Enterprise Server.
- No canto superior direito de qualquer página, clique na sua foto de perfil e, em seguida, clique em Configurações.
- Na barra lateral esquerda, clique em Security (Segurança).
- Under "Change password", type your old password, a strong new password, and confirm your new password. For help creating a strong password, see "Creating a strong password"
- Click Update password.
For greater security, enable two-factor authentication in addition to changing your password. See About two-factor authentication for more details.
If you have any applications registered with GitHub Enterprise Server, you'll want to reset their OAuth tokens. For more information, see the "Reset an authorization" endpoint.
For more tips on securing your account and preventing unauthorized access, see "Preventing unauthorized access."