This version of GitHub Enterprise was discontinued on 2023-07-06. No patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the latest version of GitHub Enterprise. For help with the upgrade, contact GitHub Enterprise support.
Finding security vulnerabilities and errors in your code with code scanning
Keep your code secure by using code scanning to identify and fix potential security vulnerabilities and other errors in your code.
Code scanning is available for organization-owned repositories in GitHub Enterprise Server. This feature requires a license for GitHub Advanced Security. For more information, see "About GitHub Advanced Security."
- Automatically scanning your code for vulnerabilities and errors
- About code scanning
- About code scanning alerts
- Triaging code scanning alerts in pull requests
- Configuring code scanning for a repository
- Managing code scanning alerts for your repository
- Customizing code scanning
- About code scanning with CodeQL
- Recommended hardware resources for running CodeQL
- Configuring the CodeQL workflow for compiled languages
- Running CodeQL code scanning in a container
- Viewing code scanning logs
- Integrating with code scanning
- Using CodeQL code scanning with your existing CI system
- About CodeQL code scanning in your CI system
- Installing CodeQL CLI in your CI system
- Configuring CodeQL CLI in your CI system
- Migrating from the CodeQL runner to CodeQL CLI
- Troubleshooting code scanning
- Alerts found in generated code
- Automatic build failed for a compiled language
- Code scanning analysis takes too long
- CodeQL scanned fewer lines than expected
- Extraction errors in the database
- Logs are not detailed enough
- Error: "No source code was seen during the build" or "The process '/opt/hostedtoolcache/CodeQL/0.0.0-20200630/x64/codeql/codeql' failed with exit code 32"
- Error: "is not a .ql file, .qls file, a directory, or a query pack specification"
- Error: "Out of disk" or Error: "Out of memory"
- Warning: "1 issue was detected with this workflow: git checkout HEAD^2 is no longer necessary"