This version of GitHub Enterprise was discontinued on 2023-07-06. No patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the latest version of GitHub Enterprise. For help with the upgrade, contact GitHub Enterprise support.
Getting started with Git
Set up Git, a distributed version control system, to manage your GitHub Enterprise Server repositories from your computer.
- Setting your username in Git
- Caching your GitHub credentials in Git
- Why is Git always asking for my password?
- Updating credentials from the macOS Keychain
- Git workflows
- About remote repositories
- Managing remote repositories
- Associating text editors with Git
- Configuring Git to handle line endings
- Ignoring files