You can add default community health files to the root of a public repository called
.github that is owned by an organization or user account.
GitHub Enterprise Server will use and display default files for any public repository owned by the account that does not have its own file of that type in any of the following places:
- the root of the repository
For example, anyone who creates an issue or pull request in a public repository that does not have its own CONTRIBUTING file will see a link to the default CONTRIBUTING file. If a repository has any files in its own
.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE folder, including issue templates or a config.yml file, none of the contents of the default
.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE folder will be used.
Default files are not included in clones, packages, or downloads of individual repositories because they are stored only in the
You can create defaults in your organization or user account for the following community health files:
|Community health file||Description|
|CONTRIBUTING.md||A CONTRIBUTING file communicates how people should contribute to your project. For more information, see "Setting guidelines for repository contributors."|
|Issue and pull request templates and config.yml||Issue and pull request templates customize and standardize the information you'd like contributors to include when they open issues and pull requests in your repository. For more information, see "About issue and pull request templates."|
|SUPPORT.md||A SUPPORT file lets people know about ways to get help with your project. For more information, see "Adding support resources to your project."|
You cannot create a default license file. License files must be added to individual repositories so the file will be included when a project is cloned, packaged, or downloaded.
- ページの右上角で ドロップダウンメニューを使い、New repository（新規リポジトリ）を選択してください。
- Use the Owner drop-down menu, and select the organization or user account you want to create default files for.
- Type .github as the name for your repository, and an optional description.
- Make sure the repository status is set to Public (a repository for default files cannot be private).
- [Initialize this repository with a README] を選択します。
- Create repository（リポジトリの作成）をクリックしてください。
- In the repository, create one of the supported community health files. Issue templates and their configuration file must be in a folder called
.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE. All other supported files must be in the root of the repository. For more information, see "Creating new files."