Security advisories in the GitHub Advisory Database at github.com/advisories are considered global advisories. Anyone can suggest improvements on any global security advisory in the GitHub Advisory Database. You can edit or add any detail, including additionally affected ecosystems, severity level or description of who is impacted. The GitHub Security Lab curation team will review the submitted improvements and publish them onto the GitHub Advisory Database if accepted.
Only repository owners and administrators can edit repository-level security advisories. For more information, see "Editing a repository security advisory."
- Navigate to https://github.com/advisories.
- Select the security advisory you would like to contribute to.
- On the right-hand side of the page, click the Suggest improvements for this vulnerability link.
- In the contribution form, make the desired improvements. You can edit or add any detail.
- When you finish editing the advisory, click Submit improvements.
- Once you submit your improvements, a pull request containing your changes will be created for review in github/advisory-database by the GitHub Security Lab curation team. If the advisory originated from a GitHub repository, we will also tag the original publisher for optional commentary. You can view the pull request and get notifications when it is updated or closed.