Note: If you sign into tu instancia de GitHub Enterprise Server with LDAP credentials or single sign-on (SSO), only your local administrator can change your username. For more information about authentication methods for GitHub Enterprise Server, see "Authenticating users for tu instancia de GitHub Enterprise Server."
You can change your username to another username that is not currently in use.
After changing your username, your old username becomes available for anyone else to claim. Most references to your repositories under the old username automatically change to the new username. However, some links to your profile won't automatically redirect.
GitHub Enterprise Server cannot set up redirects for:
After you change your username, GitHub Enterprise Server will automatically redirect references to your repositories.
- Web links to your existing repositories will continue to work. This can take a few minutes to complete after you make the change.
- Command line pushes from your local repository clones to the old remote tracking URLs will continue to work.
If the new owner of your old username creates a repository with the same name as your repository, that will override the redirect entry and your redirect will stop working. Because of this possibility, we recommend you update all existing remote repository URLs after changing your username. For more information, see "Managing remote repositories."
After changing your username, links to your previous profile page, such as
https://[hostname]/previoususername, will return a 404 error. We recommend updating any links to your account on tu instancia de GitHub Enterprise Server from elsewhere.
If your Git commits are associated with another email address you've added to your GitHub account, they'll continue to be attributed to you and appear in your contributions graph after you've changed your username. For more information on setting your email address, see "Setting your commit email address."
- En la esquina superior derecha de cualquier página, da clic en tu foto de perfil y después da clic en Configuración.
- En la barra lateral izquierda, da clic en Cuenta.
- In the "Change username" section, click Change username.