Migrating user, organization, and repository data
Welcome to the Migrating user, organization, and repository data guide. Use this guide to:
- Learn about the different kinds of migrations you can perform.
- Export user, organization, and repository data from a GitHub Enterprise Server instance or a GitHub.com organization.
- Learn how to audit the exported data to ensure accuracy.
- Import the migrated data into your GitHub Enterprise Server instance.
Table of Contents
- About migrations
- Preparing the migrated data for import to GitHub Enterprise Server
- Generating a list of migration conflicts
- Reviewing migration conflicts
- Resolving migration conflicts or setting up custom mappings
- Applying the imported data on GitHub Enterprise Server
- Reviewing migration data
- Completing the import on GitHub Enterprise Server
- Importing data from third-party version control systems