The owner of a GitHub App registration can transfer ownership of the GitHub App registration to another user or organization. If an organization has designated any app managers for an app owned by the organization, the app managers can also transfer ownership of the GitHub App registration. For more information about app managers, see "Adding and removing GitHub App managers in your organization."
You can only transfer ownership to a user or organization. You cannot transfer ownership to a team.
- In the upper-right corner of any page on GitHub, click your profile photo.
- Navigate to your account settings.
- For a GitHub App owned by a personal account, click Settings.
- For a GitHub App owned by an organization:
- Click Your organizations.
- To the right of the organization, click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Developer settings.
- In the left sidebar, click GitHub Apps.
- Select the GitHub App whose ownership you want to transfer.
- In the left sidebar, click Advanced.
- Click Transfer ownership.
- Under "Type the name of the GitHub App to confirm", type the name of the GitHub App you want to transfer.
- Under "New owner's GitHub username or organization name", type the name of the user or organization you want to transfer the GitHub App to.
- Click Transfer this GitHub App.