This version of GitHub Enterprise was discontinued on 2023-03-15. No patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the latest version of GitHub Enterprise. For help with the upgrade, contact GitHub Enterprise support.
Configuring branches and merges in your repository
You can manage branches in your repository, configure the way branches are merged in your repository, and protect important branches by defining the mergeability of pull requests.
- Managing branches in your repository
- Viewing branches in your repository
- Renaming a branch
- Changing the default branch
- Deleting and restoring branches in a pull request
- Configuring pull request merges
- About merge methods on GitHub
- Configuring commit merging for pull requests
- Configuring commit squashing for pull requests
- Configuring commit rebasing for pull requests
- Managing auto-merge for pull requests in your repository
- Managing the automatic deletion of branches
- Managing protected branches