When an upgrade package is automatically downloaded for your GitHub Enterprise Server instance, you'll receive a message letting you know you can upgrade GitHub Enterprise Server. Packages download to the
/var/lib/ghe-updates directory on your GitHub Enterprise Server instance. For more information, see "Upgrading GitHub Enterprise Server."
If a hotpatch is available for an upgrade, the
.hpkg will download automatically. In the management console you can choose to install the hotpatch immediately or schedule installation for a later time. For more information, see "Upgrading with a hotpatch."
Tip: To enable automatic update checks, your GitHub Enterprise Server instance must be able to connect to
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click .
- In the left sidebar, click Management Console.
- At the top of the Management Console, click Updates.
- Click Yes, automatically check for updates.
- Under the left sidebar, click Save settings.
To see if your instance is up-to-date, check the banner on the Updates tab.
Under Logs, you can see the status of the most recent update check.