- In the upper-right corner of any page, click .
- In the left sidebar, click Management Console.
- In the left sidebar, click Hostname.
- To test your appliance's DNS and SSL settings, click Test domain settings.
- If you don't receive a green checkmark next to all entries, review your configuration for the setting that failed. For more information, see "Configuring DNS nameservers."
- Under the left sidebar, click Save settings.
Article version: Enterprise Server 2.19
Validating your domain settings
Ensure that your domain settings are properly configured before booting up your GitHub Enterprise Server instance for the first time.