You can choose the amount of time that your GitHub Enterprise Server instance caches avatars. When you increase the cache time, you increase the amount of time a user's avatar will take to load. Configuring the cache time with too low a value can overload your GitHub Enterprise Server instance work processes.
- From a GitHub Enterprise Server administrative account, click in the upper-right corner of any page.
- In the left sidebar, click Management Console.
- In the left sidebar, click Applications.
- Under "Avatar image cache time (seconds)", type the number of seconds that you would like your GitHub Enterprise Server instance to cache avatar images.
- Under the left sidebar, click Save settings.
- Wait for the configuration run to complete.