Article version: Enterprise Server 2.17
Updating GitHub Insights
You can update to the latest version of GitHub Insights to benefit from improvements and bug fixes.
People with read permissions to the
github/insights-releases repository and administrative access to the application server can update GitHub Insights.
GitHub Insights is available with GitHub One. For more information, see "GitHub's products."
Before you update GitHub Insights, you can check the version that you're currently using in the lower-right corner of any page.
The update process will take up to 10 minutes. During this time, users cannot access GitHub Insights.
To update GitHub Insights from 0.4.0+, you can install the latest version. GitHub Insights will ask to use the previous installation configuration.
- From the application server, navigate to the latest release of GitHub Insights on the Releases page for
- To download the latest release, under "Assets", click
- Unzip the directory.
- Run the shell script
- If SSL was previously enabled, GitHub Insights will find an existing SSL certificate. Enter "Y" to accept or "n" to change the SSL certificate or disable SSL.
- If SSL was previously enabled, GitHub Insights will find an existing SSL key. Enter "Y" to accept or "n" to change the SSL key.
- GitHub Insights will find an existing hostname. Enter "Y" to accept or "n" to enter a different hostname. The hostname is the same URL you used for the application server when creating the GitHub App.
- The installation will take a few minutes to run. When complete, you will see a message printed to the terminal.
Installation complete Run /opt/insights/scripts/start.sh to start GitHub Insights
- To start GitHub Insights, run the shell script
- If this is the first time starting GitHub Insights the script will take a few minutes to run. When complete, you will see a message printed to the terminal.
GitHub Insights is running!
GitHub Insights versions 0.3.1 or lower are incompatible with versions 0.4.0+. To update from GitHub Insights 0.3.1 or lower, install and configure GitHub Insights on a new application server.