Updating credentials from the OSX Keychain
You'll need to update your saved username and password in the
git-credential-osxkeychain helper if you change your password or username on GitHub.
In this article
- Updating your credentials via Keychain Access
- Deleting your credentials via the command line
- Further reading
Updating your credentials via Keychain Access
- In Finder, search for the Keychain Access app.
- In Keychain Access, search for [hostname].
- Find the "internet password" entry for
- Edit or delete the entry accordingly.
Deleting your credentials via the command line
Through the command line, you can use the credential helper directly to erase the keychain entry.
To do this, type the following command:
$ git credential-osxkeychain erase host=hostname protocol=https > [Press Return]
If it's successful, nothing will print out. To test that it works, try and clone a repository from your GitHub Enterprise Server instance. If you are prompted for a password, the keychain entry was deleted.