The support options available to GitHub users depend on the products used by their personal accounts, any organizations or enterprises they are members of, and any GitHub Enterprise Server instances they manage. Each product includes a default level of support and accounts that use GitHub Enterprise can purchase GitHub Premium Support.
|GitHub Community Support||Standard support||Enterprise support||Premium support|
|GitHub Enterprise Cloud||Available to purchase|
|GitHub Enterprise Server||Available to purchase|
You can contact GitHub Enterprise Support through the GitHub Support portal for help with:
- Installing and using GitHub Enterprise Server
- Identifying and verifying the causes of suspected errors
- Installing and using Advanced Security
In addition to all of the benefits of GitHub Enterprise Support, GitHub Enterprise customers can purchase GitHub Premium Support, which offers:
- Written support, in English, through our support portal 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Phone support via callback request, in English, through our support portal 24 hours per day, 7 days per week (when required for ticket resolution)
- A Service Level Agreement (SLA) with guaranteed initial response times
- Escalation and incident management
- Support Engineers, for Premium customers, and Customer Reliability Engineers (CREs), for Premium Plus customers, have direct access to escalation engineering resources, if needed to expedite case resolution
- Available incident coordinator to manage technical resources within GitHub until underlying issue is mitigated or fully resolved
- Access to premium content
- Health checks
- Crisis prevention: Guided incident simulations that help you prepare for—and experience—an incident without risk. (Premium Plus plan / GitHub Engineering Direct only)
- Application upgrade assistance: Before your upgrade, we review your upgrade plans, playbooks, and other documentation and answer questions specific to your environment (Premium Plus plan / GitHub Engineering Direct only)
- Technical advisory hours (Premium Plus plan / GitHub Engineering Direct only)
For more information, see "About GitHub Premium Support."
With GitHub Enterprise Server, you have access to support in English and Japanese.
You can translate English comments on a ticket into Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), or Spanish. However, when responding to tickets, you should use English, unless your GitHub plan permits you to respond in Japanese. For more information, see "Viewing and updating support tickets."
Email communication from GitHub Support will always be sent from either a
If your support request is outside of the scope of what our team can help you with, we may recommend next steps to resolve your issue outside of GitHub Support. Your support request is possibly out of GitHub Support's scope if the request is primarily about:
- Third party integrations, such as Jira
- Hardware setup
- CI/CD, such as Jenkins
- Writing scripts
- Configuration of external authentication systems, such as SAML identity providers
- Open source projects
- Writing or debugging new queries for CodeQL
If you're uncertain if the issue is out of scope, open a ticket and we're happy to help you determine the best way to proceed.
Enterprise owners and billing managers automatically have a support entitlement, which enables them to create, view, and comment on support tickets associated with their enterprise account.
Enterprise owners can also add support entitlements to members of organizations owned by their enterprise account, allowing those members to create, view, and comment on support tickets. For more information, see "Managing support entitlements for your enterprise."
For pricing, licensing, renewals, quotes, payments, and other related questions, contact GitHub's Sales team.
To learn more about training options, including customized trainings, see GitHub's training site.
Note: Training is included in the Premium Plus plan / GitHub Engineering Direct. For more information, see "About GitHub Premium Support."
For standard non-urgent issues, we offer support in English 24 hours per day, 5 days per week, excluding weekends and national U.S. holidays. The standard response time is 24 hours.
For urgent issues, we are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, even during national U.S. holidays.
For standard non-urgent issues, support in Japanese is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM JST, excluding national holidays in Japan.
For urgent issues, we offer support in English 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, even during national U.S. holidays.
For a complete list of U.S. and Japanese national holidays observed by GitHub Enterprise Support, see "Holiday schedules."
For urgent issues, we can help you in English 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including on U.S. and Japanese holidays.
GitHub Enterprise Support observes these U.S. holidays, although our global support team is available to answer urgent tickets.
|U.S. holiday||Date observed|
|New Year's Day||January 1|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||Third Monday in January|
|Presidents' Day||Third Monday in February|
|Memorial Day||Last Monday in May|
|Independence Day||July 4|
|Labor Day||First Monday in September|
|Veterans Day||November 11|
|Thanksgiving Day||Fourth Thursday in November|
|Day after Thanksgiving||Fourth Friday in November|
|Christmas Eve||December 23|
|Christmas Day||December 24|
|New Year's Eve||December 31|
GitHub Enterprise Support does not provide Japanese-language support on December 28th through January 3rd as well as on the holidays listed in 国民の祝日について - 内閣府.
To ensure that your GitHub Enterprise Server instance is stable, you must install and implement GitHub Enterprise Server releases. Installing GitHub Enterprise Server releases ensures that you have the latest features, modifications, and enhancements as well as any updates to features, code corrections, patches or other general updates and fixes to GitHub Enterprise Server.
GitHub Enterprise Support may consider a ticket solved after providing an explanation, recommendation, usage instructions, workaround instructions, or by advising you of an available release that addresses the issue.
If you have installed additional third-party software on, or made modifications to, GitHub Enterprise Server outside of the recommendations of GitHub Enterprise Support, GitHub Enterprise Support may ask you to remove the software and/or modifications while attempting to resolve the issue. If the problem is fixed when the unsupported software or modifications have been removed, GitHub Enterprise Support may consider the ticket solved.
GitHub Enterprise Support may close a ticket if the ticket is outside the scope of support or if multiple attempts to contact you have gone unanswered. If GitHub Enterprise Support closes a ticket due to lack of response, you can request that GitHub Enterprise Support reopen the ticket.