Changing the default NTP servers
- From an administrative account on GitHub Enterprise Server, in the upper-right corner of any page, click .
- If you're not already on the "Site admin" page, in the upper-left corner, click Site admin.
- In the " Site admin" sidebar, click Management Console.
- In the "Settings" sidebar, click Time.
- Under "Primary NTP server," type the hostname of the primary NTP server.
- Under "Secondary NTP server," type the hostname of the secondary NTP server.
- Under the "Settings" sidebar, click Save settings.
- Wait for the configuration run to complete.
Correcting a large time drift
The NTP protocol continuously corrects small time synchronization discrepancies. You can use the administrative shell to synchronize time immediately.
- You can't modify the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) zone.
- You should prevent your hypervisor from trying to set the virtual machine's clock. For more information, see the documentation provided by the virtualization provider.
- Use the
chronyccommand to synchronize the server with the configured NTP server. For example:
$ sudo chronyc -a makestep