To open, view, and comment on support tickets associated with an enterprise account or organization owned by an enterprise account, you must have support entitlements for the account. Enterprise owners and billing managers automatically have a support entitlement, and enterprise owners can add support entitlements to enterprise members. For more information, see "Managing support entitlements for your enterprise."
Providing GitHub Support with everything they need to understand, locate, and reproduce an issue will allow for a faster resolution and less back-and-forth between yourself and the support team. To ensure GitHub Support can assist you, consider the following points when you write your ticket:
- Obtain information that can help GitHub Support track, prioritize, reproduce, or investigate the issue.
- Include full URLs, repository names, and usernames wherever possible.
- Reproduce the issue if applicable and be prepared to share the steps.
- Be prepared to provide a full description of the issue and expected results.
- Copy exact wording of all error messages related to your issue.
- Determine if there is an existing ticket number in any ongoing communications with GitHub Support.
- Include relevant logs and attach any screenshots that demonstrate the issue.
- Navigate to the GitHub Support portal.
- Select the Account or organization dropdown menu and click the name of the account your support ticket is regarding.
- Select the From drop-down menu and click the email address you'd like GitHub Support to contact.
- Select the Product dropdown menu and click GitHub Enterprise Cloud.
- Select the Priority dropdown menu and click the appropriate urgency. For more information, see "About ticket priority."
- Optionally, if your account includes GitHub Premium Support and your ticket is high priority, you can request a callback in English. Select Request a callback from GitHub Support, select the country code dropdown menu to choose your country, and enter your phone number.
- Under "Subject", type a descriptive title for the issue you're having.
- Under "How can we help", provide any additional information that will help the Support team troubleshoot the problem. You can use markdown to format your message.
Helpful information may include:
- Steps to reproduce the issue
- Any special circumstances surrounding the discovery of the issue (for example, the first occurrence or occurrence after a specific event, frequency of occurrence, business impact of the problem, and suggested urgency)
- Exact wording of error messages
- Click Send request.