GitHub Marketplace is a central location for you to find actions created by the GitHub community. Actions with a badge indicate GitHub has verified the creator of the action as a partner organization.
You can discover new actions from the workflow editor on GitHub, and from the GitHub Marketplace page.
Viewing actions directly in the workflow editor provides quick access to all actions in GitHub Marketplace. The GitHub Marketplace actions page offers more flexibility to filter actions by category.
You can search and browse actions directly in your repository's workflow editor. From the sidebar, you can search for a specific action, view featured actions, and browse featured categories. You can also view the number of stars an action has received from the GitHub community.
- In your repository, browse to the workflow file you want to edit.
- In the upper right corner of the file view, to open the workflow editor, click .
- To the right of the editor, use the GitHub Marketplace sidebar to browse actions.
You can find the same actions on the GitHub Marketplace actions page. On the GitHub Marketplace page, you have more flexibility to filter actions by category and verification.
An action's listing page includes the action's version and the workflow syntax required to use the action.
- Navigate to the action you want to use in your workflow.
- Under "Installation", click to copy the workflow syntax.
- Paste the syntax as a new step in your workflow. For more information, see "Workflow syntax for GitHub Actions."
- If the action requires you to provide variables, set them in your workflow. For information on what variables an action might require, see the action's full listing in the GitHub Marketplace.
You can also enable GitHub Dependabot version updates for the actions that you add to your workflow. For more information, see "Keeping your actions up to date with GitHub Dependabot."