We recommend inviting another GitHub user to be your successor, to manage your user owned repositories if you cannot. As a successor, they will have permission to:
- Archive your public repositories.
- Transfer your public repositories to their own user owned account.
- Transfer your public repositories to an organization where they can create repositories.
Successors cannot log into your account.
An appointed successor can manage your public repositories after presenting a death certificate then waiting for 7 days or presenting an obituary then waiting for 21 days. For more information, see “GitHub Deceased User Policy."
To request access to manage repositories as a successor, contact GitHub Support.
The person you invite to be your successor must have a GitHub account.
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Account.
- Under "Successor settings", to invite a successor, begin typing a username, full name, or email address, then click their name when it appears.
- Click Add successor.
- Se solicitado, confirme sua senha do GitHub.
- The user you've invited will be listed as "Pending" until they agree to become your successor.