New organizations on GitHub.com can build public and open-source projects with GitHub Free, or upgrade to a paid product with per-user pricing. For more information, see "GitHub's products" and "Upgrading your GitHub subscription."
Organizations using a paid subscription before May 11, 2016 can choose to stay on their existing per-repository plan or switch to per-user pricing. GitHub will notify you twelve months before any mandated change to your subscription. For more information on switching your subscription, see "Upgrading your GitHub subscription."
GitHub bills for the following people:
- Organization members, including owners
- Outside collaborators on private repositories owned by your organization, excluding forks
- Anyone with a pending invitation to become an outside collaborator on private or internal repositories owned by your organization, excluding forks
- Dormant users
- GitHub counts each outside collaborator once for billing purposes, even if the user account has access to multiple repositories owned by your organization.
- Se um convidado não aceitar o convite em até sete dias, o convite pendente vencerá automaticamente. Após o vencimento, o GitHub não cobrará você mais pelo convite pendente.
GitHub does not bill for the following people:
- Billing managers
- Anyone with a pending invitation to become a billing manager
- Anyone with a pending invitation to become an outside collaborator on a public repository owned by your organization
You can change your GitHub subscription at any time.
You can add more licensed seats to your organization at any time. If you pay for more seats than are being used, you can also reduce the number of seats. For more information, see "Upgrading your GitHub subscription" and "Downgrading your GitHub subscription."
If you have questions about your subscription, contact Suporte do GitHub.
To further support your team's collaboration abilities, you can upgrade to GitHub Enterprise Cloud, which includes features like SAML single sign-on and advanced auditing. Para obter mais informações sobre como você pode experimentar o GitHub Enterprise Cloud gratuitamente, confira "Como configurar uma avaliação do GitHub Enterprise Cloud".
For more information about per-user pricing for GitHub Enterprise Cloud, see the GitHub Enterprise Cloud documentation.
You can upgrade or downgrade between legacy paid plans in your organization's billing settings. When you upgrade to a plan with more private repositories, GitHub immediately moves your account to your new plan and bills you for the difference in price, prorated for the number of days left in your billing cycle.
When you downgrade to a legacy paid plan with fewer private repositories, your new plan will take effect on your next billing date. If you have more private repositories than your new plan allows for, your private repositories will be locked when your new plan takes effect. To reduce your number of private repositories, you can make some of your private repositories public, or you can clone your private repositories locally and delete the copies on GitHub.