Note: The Sponsors for Companies service is currently in beta and subject to change.
When you create a sponsors profile, you become eligible for sponsorship payments from individual users and organizations who are billed by credit card. In addition, GitHub now offers a Sponsors for Companies service to enterprise customers who pay by invoice, including companies who use GitHub Enterprise Server or GitHub AE.
The funds you receive under the Sponsors for Companies service come directly from GitHub, and your participation in this service is subject to separate terms: the "GitHub Maintainer Additional Terms for Optional Data Provision". If you wish to receive funds from GitHub under the Sponsors for Companies service, you'll need to complete the agreement before receiving any of those funds.
The "GitHub Maintainer Additional Terms for Optional Data Provision" agreement is available from your GitHub Sponsors dashboard (see steps below). Key points of the agreement include:
- Due to the way the service is set up, you'll receive payment from GitHub, not from another company.
- If taxes are required to be withheld on payment made through this program, GitHub will deduct taxes from the amount owed and pay them to the appropriate taxing authority.
- We'll share some aggregated data on your project(s) or projects you contribute to with the companies that pay for access to this data on a GitHub dashboard. These data fields are outlined in Section 5 of the agreement.
- Data will be aggregated and will not include any User Personal Information (as defined in GitHub’s Privacy Statement), or any information from private repositories.
- You, as a Maintainer, can terminate the agreement with 14 days notice by contacting us.
If you agree to the terms outlined in the "GitHub Maintainer Additional Terms for Optional Data Provision" agreement, you will receive a payment from GitHub each time a company purchases access to the service. The company purchases access to the dashboard from GitHub for a limited amount of time (for example, one month or one year), and GitHub purchases a license to your data to populate the dashboard. Your financial relationship is with GitHub, not the company taking part in the service.
You can view and accept the "GitHub Maintainer Additional Terms for Optional Data Provision" agreement from your GitHub Sponsors dashboard. For information about joining the Sponsors for Companies service, see "Paying for GitHub Sponsors by invoice."
- 任意のページの右上で、プロフィール画像をクリックし、続いてYour sponsors（スポンサー）をクリックしてください。
- On the "Overview" tab, under "Optional steps", click GitHub Maintainer Additional Terms for Optional Data Provision to display the agreement.
- When you have read the agreement, click Accept to accept the terms and join the Sponsors for Companies service. Alternatively, click the in the top right corner of the dialog to close the agreement without accepting.