Enterprise and organization owners can restrict access to assets by configuring an IP address allow list. This list specifies the IP addresses that are allowed to connect. For more information, see "Managing allowed IP addresses for your organization" and "Enforcing security settings in your enterprise account."
When an organization has an allow list, third-party applications that connect via a App GitHub will be denied access unless both of the following are true:
- The creator of the App GitHub has configured an allow list for the application that specifies the IP addresses at which their application runs. See below for details of how to do this.
- The organization owner has chosen to permit the addresses in the App GitHub's allow list to be added to their own allow list. For more information, see "Managing allowed IP addresses for your organization."
Note: The addresses in the IP allow list of a App GitHub only affect requests made by installations of the App GitHub. The automatic addition of a App GitHub's IP address to an organization's allow list does not allow access to a GitHub user who connects from that IP address.
- Navigate to your account settings.
- For a App GitHub owned by a user account, in the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
- For a App GitHub owned by an organization, in the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Your organizations. Then, to the right of the organization, click Settings.
- En la barra lateral izquierda, haz clic en Developer settings (Parámetros del desarrollador).
- En la barra lateral izquierda, da clic en GitHub Apps.
- Selecciona la GitHub App que quieres modificar.
- Scroll down to the "IP allow list" section.
- Debajo de "Dirección IP", teclea una dirección o un rango de ellas, en notación CIDR.
- Debajo de "Descripción", teclea la descripción de la dirección IP o el rango de ellas que se permitirá. The description is for your reference and is not used in the allow list of organizations where the App GitHub is installed. Instead, organization allow lists will include "Managed by the NAME GitHub App" as the description.
- Haz clic en Add (Agregar).