Your user account is your identity on your GitHub Enterprise instance. Your user account can be a member of any number of organizations
Personal user accounts
Every person who uses your GitHub Enterprise instance has their own user account. These accounts include:
- Unlimited public repositories and collaborators
- Ability to add unlimited repository collaborators
Tip: User accounts are intended for humans, but you can give one to a robot, such as a continuous integration bot, if necessary.
Organizations are shared accounts where groups of people can collaborate across many projects at once. Owners and administrators can manage member access to the organization's data and projects with sophisticated security and administrative features.
- Unlimited membership with a variety of roles that grant different levels of access to the organization and its data
- The ability to give members a range of access permissions to your organization's repositories
- The ability for organization owners to view members' two-factor authentication (2FA) status