Note: FIDO U2F authentication is currently only available for the Chrome browser.
- You must have already configured 2FA via a TOTP mobile app.
- Ensure that you have a FIDO U2F compatible security key inserted into your computer.
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
In the user settings sidebar, click Security.
Under two-factor authentication, click Edit.
Under Security keys, click Register new device.
- Type a nickname for the security key, then click Add.
- When prompted, touch your security key to have it authenticate against GitHub Enterprise.
- If you're authenticating to GitHub Enterprise on an Android phone, you can use your FIDO U2F compatible security key and Google Authenticator to sign into your account with Near Field Communication (NFC).
- Download your recovery codes and save them in a safe place, such as a password manager. Your recovery codes are to be used in the event you lose access to your account.