Welcome to the Migrating user, organization, and repository data guide. Use this guide to:
- Learn about the different kinds of migrations you can perform.
- Export user, organization, and repository data from a GitHub Enterprise instance or a GitHub.com organization.
- Learn how to audit the exported data to ensure accuracy.
- Import the migrated data into your GitHub Enterprise instance.
Table of Contents
- About migrations
- Exporting migration data from GitHub Enterprise
- Exporting migration data from GitHub.com
Importing migration data to GitHub Enterprise
- Preparing the migrated data for import to GitHub Enterprise
- Generating a list of migration conflicts
- Reviewing migration conflicts
- Resolving migration conflicts or setting up custom mappings
- Applying the imported data on GitHub Enterprise
- Reviewing migration data
- Completing the import on GitHub Enterprise