When restricted email notifications are enabled in an organization, members can only use an email address associated with the organization's verified domains to receive email notifications about organization activity. For more information, see "Verifying your organization's domain."
Outside collaborators are not subject to restrictions on email notifications for verified domains. For more information on outside collaborators, see "Permission levels for an organization."
If your organization is owned by an enterprise account, organization members will be able to receive notifications from any domains verified for the enterprise account, in addition to any domains verified for the organization. For more information, see "Verifying your enterprise account's domain."
- In the top right corner of GitHub, click your profile photo, then click Your profile.
- On the left side of your profile page, under "Organizations", click the icon for your organization.
- Under your organization name, click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Verified domains.
- Under "Enforcement preferences", select Restrict email notifications to domain email.
- Click Save.