Copying a project board allows you to reuse a project board's title, description, and automation configuration. You can copy project boards to eliminate the manual process of creating new project boards for similar workflows.
You must have read access to a project board to copy it to a repository or organization where you have write access.
When you copy a project board to an organization, the project board's visibility will default to private, with an option to change the visibility. For more information, see "Changing project board visibility."
A project board's automation is also enabled by default. For more information, see "About automation for project boards."
- Navigate to the project board you want to copy.
- On the top-right side of the project board, click Menu.
- Click , then click Copy.
- Under "Owner", use the drop-down menu and click the repository or organization where you want to copy the project board.
- Optionally, under "Project board name", type the name of the copied project board.
- Optionally, under "Description", type a description of the copied project board that other people will see.
- Optionally, under "Automation settings", select whether you want to copy the configured automatic workflows. This option is enabled by default. For more information, see "About automation for project boards."
- If you are copying an organization-owned project board, under "Visibility", select whether you want your copied project board to be private or public.
- Click Copy project.