Your repository's GitHub Dependabot alerts tab lists all open and closed GitHub Dependabot alerts and corresponding GitHub Dependabot security updates. You can sort the list of alerts using the drop-down menu, and you can click into specific alerts for more details. For more information, see "About alerts for vulnerable dependencies."
You can enable automatic security updates for any repository that uses GitHub Dependabot alerts and the dependency graph. For more information, see "Configuring GitHub Dependabot security updates."
- On GitHub, navigate to the main page of the repository.
- Under your repository name, click Security.
- In the security sidebar, click Dependabot alerts.
- Click the alert you'd like to view.
- Review the details of the vulnerability and, if available, the pull request containing the automated security update.
- Optionally, if there isn't already a GitHub Dependabot security updates update for the alert, to create a pull request to resolve the vulnerability, click Create Dependabot security update.
- When you're ready to update your dependency and resolve the vulnerability, merge the pull request.
- Optionally, if the alert is being fixed, if it's incorrect, or located in unused code, use the "Dismiss" drop-down, and click a reason for dismissing the alert.