GitHub CLI is an open source tool for using GitHub from your computer's command line. When you're working from the command line, you can use the GitHub CLI to save time and avoid switching context.
The GitHub CLI includes GitHub features such as:
- View, create, clone, and fork repositories
- Create, close, and list issues and pull requests
- Review, diff, and merge pull requests
- Run, view, and list workflows
- Create, list, view, and delete releases
- Create, edit, list, view, and delete gists
For more information about what you can do with GitHub CLI, see the GitHub CLI manual.
View installation instructions GitHub CLI for macOS, Windows, and Linux on the GitHub CLI page.
If you have feedback or feature requests, you can open an issue in the