About deployment of GitHub AE
GitHub AE enables you to move your DevOps workload to the cloud while meeting stringent security and compliance requirements. For more information, see "About GitHub AE."
After you purchase or start a trial of GitHub AE, you can deploy GitHub AE to an available Azure region. This guide refers to the Azure resource that contains the deployment of GitHub AE as the GitHub AE account. You'll use the Azure portal at https://portal.azure.com to deploy the GitHub AE account.
You must have permission to perform the
/register/action operation for the resource provider in Azure. The permission is included in the
Owner roles. For more information, see Azure resource providers and types in the Microsoft documentation.
Deploying GitHub AE with the Azure Portal
The Azure Portal allows you to deploy the GitHub AE account in your Azure resource group.
Click one of the following two links to begin deployment of GitHub AE. The link you should click depends on the Azure cloud where you plan to deploy GitHub AE. For more information about Azure Government, see What is Azure Government? in the Microsoft documentation.
To begin the process of adding a new GitHub AE account, click Create GitHub AE account.
Complete the "Project details" and "Instance details" fields.
- Account name: The hostname for your enterprise
- Administrator username: A username for the initial enterprise owner that will be created in GitHub AE
- Administrator email: The email address that will receive the login information
To review a summary of the proposed changes, click Review + create.
After the validation process has completed, click Create.
The email address you entered above will receive instructions on how to access your enterprise. After you have access, you can get started by following the initial setup steps. For more information, see "Initializing GitHub AE."
Note: Software updates for your GitHub AE deployment are performed by GitHub. For more information, see "About upgrades to new releases."
Navigating to your enterprise
You can use the Azure Portal to navigate to your GitHub AE deployment. The resulting list includes all the GitHub AE deployments in your Azure region.
- On the Azure Portal, in the left panel, click All resources.
- From the available filters, click All types, then deselect Select all and select GitHub AE:
- Once your deployment has been provisioned, the next step is to initialize GitHub AE. For more information, see "Initializing GitHub AE."
- If you're trying GitHub AE, you can upgrade to a full license at any time during the trial period by contacting contact GitHub's Sales team. If you haven't upgraded by the last day of your trial, then the deployment is automatically deleted. If you need more time to evaluate GitHub AE, contact GitHub's Sales team to request an extension.