By default, the artifacts and log files generated by workflows are retained for 90 days before they are automatically deleted. You can adjust the retention period, depending on the type of repository:
- For public repositories: you can change this retention period to anywhere between 1 day or 90 days.
- For private, internal, and GitHub Enterprise repositories: you can change this retention period to anywhere between 1 day or 400 days.
When you customize the retention period, it only applies to new artifacts and log files, and does not retroactively apply to existing objects. For managed repositories and organizations, the maximum retention period cannot exceed the limit set by the managing organization or enterprise.
- From a GitHub Enterprise Server administrative account, click in the upper-right corner of any page.
- In the left sidebar, click Enterprise.
- In the enterprise sidebar, click Policies.
- Under " Policies", click Actions.
- Under Artifact and log retention duration, enter a new value.
- Click Save to apply the change.