By default, new organizations are configured to disallow the forking of private and internal repositories.
If you allow forking of private and internal repositories at the organization level, you can also configure the ability to fork a specific private or internal repository. For more information, see "Managing the forking policy for your repository."
Note: Internal repositories are available for organizations that are part of an enterprise account. For more information, see "About repository visibility."
- In the top right corner of GitHub, click your profile photo, then click Your profile.
- On the left side of your profile page, under "Organizations", click the icon for your organization.
- Under your organization name, click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Member privileges.
- Under "Repository forking", select Allow forking of private repositories or Allow forking of private and internal repositories.
- Click Save.