If you use GitHub Enterprise Server and GitHub.com and your GitHub Enterprise Server site administrator has enabled GitHub Connect and unified search for private repositories, then you can search for designated private repositories in the connected organization.
To see private repositories in your search results, you must already have access to these repositories and connect your GitHub Enterprise Server and GitHub.com accounts. For more information about the repositories you can search in, see "Searching across GitHub Enterprise Server and GitHub.com simultaneously."
- Sign in to your GitHub Enterprise Server instance and GitHub.com.
- On your GitHub Enterprise Server instance, in the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click GitHub Connect.
- Click Connect to GitHub.com.
- Review the resources that GitHub Enterprise Server will access from your GitHub.com account, then click Authorize.